The Soda Jerk Works provides outstanding craftsmanship and quality restorations for a variety of components for Collectible Soda Machines. We expect any restoration professional to do what should be done to insure a long lasting restoration with minimal maintenance.
Any completely restored machine should have had the following:
- Complete Disassembly
- Body Work with very minimal filler
Paint and Hand Lettering of any embossing. (Inside of cabinet should also have a sealant put on to stop future rust.)
- New insulation. The better insulated it is the more efficient your original cooling system will be.
- Bottle or can stack and shelves zinc plated or powder coated as long as it is done correctly. If applied incorrectly it can interfere with tolerance and function.
- Coin mechanism restored and functioning properly.
- Rewiring with soldered connections (not wire nuts and electrical tape).
- Compressor work - fan motors and thermostat should be changed. We advise keeping as much of your system as original as possible.
- Every detail should be addressed including the hardware!
When looking for a restoration professional be sure to check out the quality of their work and get referrals.